Rental Terms & Conditions
Below is a summary of our rental terms and conditions when hiring a chauffeur car from Occasion Cars. If you have any questions relating to any of the details listed below, please contact us to clarify.
Quotations are valid for 30 days unless otherwise stated. Although quotations are valid for this period, your requested date will not be held for you until the deposit is received in full. It is up to the customer to book the service as soon as possible after the quotation is received to secure the booking.
It is the responsibility of the customer to ensure that all details submitted in the Booking Form are accurate to the best of their knowledge. Should the customer become aware of changes to the rental contract, they should inform Occasion Cars as soon as possible.
The service is only deemed booked once the deposit is received in full, the Booking Form is completed and returned, and you receive a written confirmation response from us. Verbal confirmations are not valid. If you do not receive a written booking confirmation, the service is not deemed to be booked. If for some reason you do not receive such confirmation, please contact us and we will review the matter.
The Booking Confirmation Letter will include information about the full scope of the itinerary, what to expect during the rental period, as well as information on the remaining balance for the booking. Please check these details carefully and inform us should there be any discrepancy.
In paying the required deposit to secure your booking, you are accepting these terms and conditions of rental and agree to be bound by these conditions.
Any changes and/or extra requirements added at the time of submitting the Booking Form that have not been quoted for will be charged at the applicable rate at the time of booking. If the extra requirements are outside our normal operating conditions, this may void the booking.
Any extra requirements added after the Booking Form has been submitted, either prior to the rental date or during the rental period, will be charged at the applicable rate at that time. Additional requirements that involve added time to the original rental duration will be made at the risk of the customer as we may not always be able to accommodate such overruns.
Customers shall be over the age of 18 at the time of booking. Any potential passengers shall be over 15 years of age. Written permission shall be granted from Occasion Cars for any passengers younger than this.
Occasion Cars reserve the right to adjust the agreed price of any bookings should we be subject to significant increased costs outside of our control. Addition costs may include, but are not limited to, increased fuel costs, VAT increases, or any other unforeseen circumstance. We may need to pass this additional charge on to the customer, and when hiring our services in advance, the customer accepts that such additional charges may become necessary in exceptional circumstances.
- Remaining Fees Due: Any remaining unpaid fees are to be paid in full prior to commencing the journey. Only cash can be accepted on the day of rental. If other payments options are preferred, please arrange to pay prior to the day.
- Access: It is the responsibility of the customer to ensure adequate space for entry, manoeuvres, and exit for vehicles to all the locations on the itinerary. If for some reason the vehicle cannot get to the desired locations, the chauffeur may opt to stop at the closest point. Should this be the case, it is up to the customer to make arrangements to get to/from the desired locations. It is at the discretion of the chauffeur to determine if access is feasible and this decision can depend on several factors such as road condition, surrounding obstacles, weather conditions and so no. The chauffeur’s decision is final.
- Damage and/or loss of property: We cannot be held responsible for any loss and/or damage to personal property, no matter how it is caused. Our vehicles can cause damage to property in several ways, such as with dirt, oil, sharp edges, hot surfaces, and so on. It is the responsibility of the customer to ensure that their property and the property of their guests is always kept safe from loss and/or damage. Passengers must remove all their belongings at the end of the rental period.
- Damage to the vehicle: The customer is liable for any damage to the vehicle or its contents, caused either by the customer themselves or their guests. The customer will be liable for the full repair costs of such damage.
- Passengers: Passengers must always wear safety belts, where provided, while in the vehicle. Unless prior agreed in writing from Occasion Cars is sought, passengers shall be over 15 years of age. Eating, drinking, and smoking are not allowed in the vehicle. The exception to this is when celebratory drinks are provided by Occasion Cars. Passengers must always act responsibly, both prior to and during the rental period. It is at the discretion of the driver to limit access to the vehicle for whatever reason. Access can be denied for a variety of reasons such as, but not limited to, passenger behaviour, inadequate space, potential for damage to the vehicle, and so on. The chauffeur’s decision is final. This may result in the cancellation of the rental. Requests for refunds and/or compensation will not be accepted.
- Imagery & Advertising: Unless otherwise stated, Occasion Cars may use any images taken during the rental period as advertising material. If you do not want your images used for advertising purposes, please notify us in writing.
- Rental duration: It is the responsibility of the customer to allow adequate time to conduct all aspects of the itinerary, and they should allow time for unforeseen circumstances. Additional requirements that involve added time to the original rental duration will be made at the risk of the customer as we may not always be able to accommodate such overruns. We will always do our best to accommodate the customer, but should time not allow, the chauffeur reserves the right to finish at the original finish time, regardless of what stage the itinerary is at. Requests for refunds and/or compensation will not be accepted.
Cancellations must be made in writing. Verbal cancellations are not valid. The service is only deemed cancelled once the notice is received by us in writing, and you also receive a written confirmation response from us. If you do not receive a written cancellation confirmation, the service is not deemed to be cancelled. If for some reason you do not receive such confirmation, please contact us and we will review the matter.
Cancellations made within 120 days of the booked service are subject to a fee equal to 50% of the remaining balance.
Cancellations made within 60 days of the booked service are subject to a fee equal to 100% of the remaining balance, i.e. remaining balance is due in full.
Regardless of the time of cancellation, the customer will forfeit any monies paid, and this cannot be deemed payment towards any additional cancellation fees.
Complaints, claims, and refunds:
We have worked hard to earn our good name and reputation. In the unlikely event of a complaint, this must be made in writing to Occasion Cars within 7 days of the rental period. Complaints and/or bad reviews made public is not permitted. Customers are liable for defamation and/or loss of earnings due to untrue or misleading information.
Although our vehicles are maintained to the highest quality, they are mechanical objects and, as such, are subject to the possibility of breakdowns. Occasion Cars reserves the right to substitute the vehicle with an alternative, and the customer will be informed as soon as possible. Due to the style of our vehicles, the alternative vehicle may not be identical to the vehicle booked. If the alternative vehicle is not accepted by the customer, refunds and/or compensation will not be accepted.
In the unlikely event of Occasion Cars not being able to fulfil the requirements of the booking, and an alternative vehicle not being sourced or accepted by the customer, it is up to the customer to make alternative arrangements. Occasion Cars cannot organise third-party organisations as they may not be suitable for the customer’s occasion.
Occasion Cars cannot be held responsible for delays or missed appointments caused by vehicle issues, traffic congestion, roadworks, weather conditions, incorrectly-supplied booking details, or any event outside our control, either prior to, or during the rental period. Requests for refunds and/or compensation will not be accepted.
Occasion Cars recommends the customer to make backup plans in the unlikely event of us not being able to fulfil the requirements of the booking. We also recommend that the customer take out appropriate insurance to cover against such an event.
Applicable Terms & Conditions:
We reserve the right to update these Terms & Conditions at any time without notice. The Terms & Conditions that apply are those that are in effect at the time of the rental period.
Find us on Social Media: